Autumn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WickedPingu's Guide to everythig COG:

2 posters

Go down

WickedPingu's Guide to everythig COG: Empty WickedPingu's Guide to everythig COG:

Post  WickedPingu Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:02 pm

Hey guys figured Id share some of the knowledge Ive gained playing the game. Figured I would pass what i have learned.. Sorry its so long but I have to cover it all.... So lets begin:

Heros
-For those that aren't familiar here is the hero rating. (From worst to best): White, green, blue, purple, orange, red.
-Try to get the best heros you can.
-I always keep my heros within a few level of one another. for example, I never have heros at lvl60 and one hero at lvl 45. I try to keep them all within 2 levels of one another.
-Try your best to save for the 50g hero pack in the shop. It may take a while to get the gold but it is well worth it.

Skills:

-Always try to teach hero's skills that are compatible with there specialty. (Teach a attack hero Warmonger)
-I add one skill slot for "off-specialty" skills such as Acclaim. and I usually ONLY add this skill after I have unlocked every skill slot.
-I would not recommend spending gold to open up skill slots for any blue hero or below.
-I always work my hardest to unlock every skill slot I can, when I can. This will help your heros be the best they can be.
-You CAN teach a hero the same types of skills. for example my defense hero knows: entrenchment, and guardian will. (both raise the heros defense, and the units defense. Use this to make them better.
(Note: If you buy an orange hero pack, the hero you get WILL come with 2 preloaded skills. My attack hero had valor and guardian will 2..)

Upgrading buildings:
-Always be sure to research your attack, defense, agility and vitality magic to the max you can.
-Resource building I usually upgrade when I can, but I try to keep them at the max level I can.
-I always recruit troops Before I upgrade.

Dungeons:

-Always complete the highest level dungeon on hell mode that you can. (Without losing all your troops in one run) This will not only gain you better experience than the other modes, but the best resources.
-Hell mode is great for leveling when your lvl 60 or below. they earn fast experience. after level 60 its more for resources, and hopefully good drops.

gaining Experience and leveling:

-Quests are one of the best ways to level before around lvl 50. after that you get like one quest per level gained.
-Hell mode in dungeons.
-Alliance quests and Bounty quests are great experience as well.
-If those dont catch your fancy, you can always find the biggest, baddest boss you can solo without loseing a ton of troops and run him over time and time again. Decent experience but boring after a while.
(I do not recommend tanking a boss that may be a little to strong for you, this will result in more losses faster, yes its more xp, but in the long run the easier boss will give you more xp since there wont be a need to wait for troops to refresh.)

[b]Assining troops:
-I dont recomend using calvary or flying units. (excluding tier 3 troops) Calvary cuts your max units in half (if your hero can hold a max of 300 Infantry units, he can only hold 150 calvary.) Flying units are even less. Flying units cut you max troops by 3x. (If 300 is our heros max units, divide that by 3 for flying units.)
-Tier 2 archers and infantry will do just fine into level 60+
-Unlock tier 2 archers asap, if you have not done so already. they make the game alot easier.

Formations:

-Any Guard or Feint formation is from what i have seen as the best, as they hide your attackers.
-Always place agility or defense in front of your attack heros, Ballanced heros can replace attack or a blocker, which ever you like. (though I like them for infantry units myself.)

[center]Powerleveling one hero:
[b]
-I use two ways to powerlevel a new hero, say one you just got from the tavern. heres what i do:

Method #1:
-Go to your assign page and in your formation, remove every hero but the one you wish to level. (drag the other heros pictures out of the formation.)
-Find a player to tank a boss you will get exp. for.
-Hide behind him. Your hero should get something like 20,000 Experience per run, if you have your formation set up correctly. this is also the fastest way to level a new hero.

Method #2:
-I use this when I cannot find anyone willing to tank a boss for me over and over, or when I go to sleep. This will work very well if you have a VIP. Players MUST be lvl 50+ before they can use this way.

-Go to your formatons and remove any unwanted heros from your formation. Leave only one hero (the one you wish to level.
-Go to the page where you assign troops to your heros.
-Assign that hero Tramp masters. (if you dont have any, they can be bought thru the alliance shop for 600 rep.)
-Look at the heros Strength, go find the highest possible Colosseum you can, and set him to train there. my hero gets 2k exp, every 60 seconds this way. I trained him up in only a few days of doing this.. This takes longer but eliminates the hassle of finding a willing tank.

Hope this helps atleast a few people, if you want advise on anything else please reply to this with the question and I will do my best to reply quickly.

WickedPingu

Back to top Go down

WickedPingu's Guide to everythig COG: Empty Re: WickedPingu's Guide to everythig COG:

Post  Naizen Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Thanks WP!~

Naizen

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum